Tuesday, July 8, 2008

shasta daisy

In light of all my garden annoyances this summer, such as excessive heat, rabbits, mole crickets, and a lack of zinnias in the zinnia patch (more on that later), I thought it would do me some good to look for the positives.
I have had this Shasta plant for over three years now and it never blooms. Ever. I even tried to get rid of it once but my Dad found it discarded behind the house and re-planted it right out front.
"It won't bloom", I told him.
"It'll bloom", he told me.
Well, he was right. Thanks Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny!! Your dad has one of the greenest thumbs EVER. Kind of like Ryan's granny, who can make a hydrangea come into full bloom in September! No kidding!!
    I like the color exclusion you did - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We win one occasionally!
    Glad they did bloom!
    d

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails