Sunday, November 16, 2008

the belly of the ball

Every year the Marine Corps celebrates November 10th across the world with cake cutting ceremonies and Birthday Balls. I may complain about needing to find a sitter or drive to whatever far-away location the unit has chosen this year but in the end I enjoy it. I enjoy the chance to see my husband in those sharp dress blues, to get dressed up and feel human myself for a few hours, to listen with pride to the Commandants annual speech and, of course, to watch that one ever-present retired couple, she in her sequins and he in his kilt, tearing up the dance floor. It may be an adults-only affair but I realized this year that I have managed to take every one of my babies to a Marine Corps birthday ball! I am so proud of Shawn, the honorable Marine Corps history he is a part of and the chance to pass this legacy on to our children.




(photos by Shawn and Brittney -our wonderful friend who watched the kids!)

3 comments:

  1. you are beautiful!!! and your hubby is good lookin' too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I love how you honor your hub and the other Marines in your blog. And I love the pic of you and the belly! And now you get to eat AS MUCH as you want at Thanksgiving because you are eating for TWO!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails