Wednesday, April 29, 2009

more berries for jam

I love this old ramshackle farm with its chickens and rusty tractors. It's the farm with the bee hives stacked and scattered everywhere you look; the farm with the big old house and rows and rows of berries. It's the farm we visited several times last year and looking back at the pictures, I can't believe how much my kids have grown since then.

Christy and I took our six(!) kids to the farm yesterday where we watched the four big ones scramble around the berry patch, plopping green and half-eaten fruit into buckets. We did manage to come home with more than enough juicy, red berries for jam....that was today's adventure. Oh and was is ever a success. Breakfast is going to be good tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. You're right. Breakfast was delicious, and so was the midnight snack! That's the best Jam I've ever tasted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful day! I love your pictures of the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! That looks hot, sticky and lots of fun! :) Isn't that what memories are made of?! So many memories at that patch!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails